Cluster and Classify is an extension module of the Viscovery SOMine suite. It requires the Visual Explorer core module and can optionally be combined with other modules of the suite.
The module provides multiple features for advanced exploration of the self-organizing map (SOM) model and for the interactive definition of alternative cluster models. In addition to the Create Classifier workflow, the Apply Classifier workflow guides the user through the application of classifiers to new data and the evaluation of classification results in comparison to control groups.
Main functions and features
- Group profiling and comparison
- Interactive data statistics for arbitrary map regions
- Exploration of cluster characteristics
- Interactive definition and annotation of cluster models
- System state monitoring
- Creation of multiple classifiers with post-processing formulas
- Application of classifiers to new data and export of classification results
- Visualization and evaluation of classification results
For a complete list of features, view the Cluster and Classify module data sheet.